0.7.1 is now in the experimental pre-release phase, meaning it is available to everyone for testing! It brings with it a huge quest overhaul, several bug fixes, multiple save files, the removal of hunger, and much much more! I would have loved to release a proper 0.7.1, but with the large amount of code changed, unpredictable things can happen. If you want to see what's new, I urge you to test out the experimental branch. If you'd rather wait, I'm planning on a proper full release over the weekend, granted no huge bugs pop up. I've included the full changelog below.
- You can now have multiple save files (one per character).
- Removed hunger and most food-related items from the game. It was not adding anything particularly interesting.
- Levers can be used to open doors or interact with objects. Sends a pulse through wires.
- Functionality for entering/exiting cells for objects. For example: pressure plates for spike or poison dart traps.
- Removed smaller islands when generating the world map.
- Checking for webs is now done in Lua. Does not destroy the web yet.
- Underground rivers have slightly more interesting shapes.
- Added item icons to the mixing screen.
- Increased proficiency XP gain slightly.
- New area, quests, tiles, maps, and item icons.
- Characters throwing items now shows up in the log.
- Higher quality damage text using TextMeshPro.
- NPC turn order is now decided by Speed.
- Status effect markers display duration for relevant effects.
- Merchant and Doctor buildings have different walls.
- New culling system for screens, objects and NPCs. After 6000 turns of being away from a screen, non-important data is not saved.
- Quest Overhaul:
- Rewrote the quest system.
- Quest objectives are clearer in the Journal menu, and display their completeness.
- Changed some quests around to better facilitate the new system.
- Removed daily hunts and arena challenges for now.
- Map Editor:
- Added functionality to place NPCs.
- The Undo key (Z) can now be used to remove objects and NPCs as well as tiles.
- Box seelct works with objects and NPCs.
- Severing and re-attaching a limb multiple times no longer duplicates existing stat modifiers.
- NPCs and objects should no longer duplicate upon entering an area, saving, loading, leaving, and saving then loading again.
- Fixed a Lua bug with Leprosy causing major slowdown until the disease was cured.
- Leprosy can no longer remove your heads.
- Using the mouse while replacing a body part at a doctor should no longer use the wrong limb/item.
- Severing prosthetic body parts now makes the stump tagged as "organic" properly.
- Being overburdened now gives a speed penalty instead of stopping you dead in your tracks and dropping any extra items. Should fix an item duplication glitch.
- Fixed Living weapons having their progress reset upon saving/loading.
- Explosions should no longer deal hundreds of damage.
- Items carried by NPCs are saved in full. Increases save file size, but solves a few issues between save/load cycles.
- The shooting effect is similar to the throwing effect due to sprite sorting issues.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.