I never seen anything but I really like the game and I appreciate the update today. What was changed?
Long time no talk! It's been very busy on my end. Between working with Ludeon on RimWorld, getting a new puppy, and general life bull, I haven't had much time to work on Axu. The past few months have been full of me plucking away at various systems. I've finally finished enough to warrant a release!
I'm waiting on some package updates before I update the Linux version. It should come out shortly.
- Updated to Unity 2019.3.
- Implemented a Felony-specific progression system. Allows acquisition of abilities, traits and stat bonuses on a per-level basis.
- Added a quest to hire a doctor for your home base.
- Added equipment sets for NPCs that can be defined in JSON. Many humanlike NPCs have been given equipment sets.
- Added more item artwork.
- Added more edible items with various effects.
- Added new abilities.
- Some more tracks by Comemism!
- Incidents are much more moddable. They now can include custom maps, and toggle/check for progress flags.
- Object containers are more flexible and better defined in JSON.
- HP directly scales with Endurance.
- Slightly boosted HP values across the board.
- HP and ST are boosted per-level based on the player's Felony.
- Eating body parts trains slightly stats associated with the limb type.
- Characters without names now are preceded by "the" in combat messages. Eg: "You strike the Bat in the head."
- Moved lots of hard-coded text to Localization.json.
- Removed some unused localization keys.
- Replaced the "Forum" link main menu button with a "Discord" link button.
- General code improvements.
- Fix: Intrine limbs not properly attaching.
- Fix: Traits not properly being updated every turn.
- Fix: Throwing liquid containers won't break the item on impact.
- Fix: Restarting the game causes certain quests to show incorrect locations.
- Fix: Cannot cure diseases via doctors.
Remember, stay inside if you can. Be safe.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I really like the art and smooth feeling of this game. Is there a possibility of doubling damage dealt on both sides? The fights last a long time even on the hardest difficulty. I also can't seem to throw the object I want to throw, it'll be random. I play with keyboard as much as I can so that may be the problem. Could you add a keyboard only option sometime? Thanks for your work.
Difficulty doesn't increase damage at all. I can check the late game damage numbers and see if they need tweaking though.
I play with keyboard only, and haven't run into any issues with throwing items. Will check to make sure it isn't broken.
Heck yee, new update time.
Hey, a little question from a new player, i cant seem to find where the button for accessing the menu while in game is. I would really like to know as to where this button is, so that i can save my game.
Thanks for the update! I appreciate that you still work on Axu while youve got so much going on.