Another smaller update this time around. I'm leaving to spent two weeks in New Zealand (Canadian winters suck), so don't expect any critical updates during that time. I'll still be around on discord and the forums occasionally to check up on everything periodically.
Along side a few bug fixes are some cool new features. Faust has a new quest where you give him limbs, and he will build you a homonculous follower. I had a very overpowered Ensistic-limbed creature beside me during testing. It was awesome. Aquatic creatures can submerge themselves to avoid attacks by those who remain partially out of water. This may or may not be a consideration for a future boss battle. I've also figured out what was wrong with world map pathfinding, and corrected it. You can now (again) use the mouse to navigate the world!
After I get back from vacation, I'll be back to developing Axu!
- Faust has a second quest to build another homonculous. This one is much more active in the world.
- Aquatic enemies can dive under water. They are unable to be hit by non-submerged creatures while in this state.
- Equipping a polearm in an offhand allows you to attack from 2 tiles away.
- Added random rock formations to locations without landmarks.
- The Technophile has their chest armor visually represented.
- If you previously had killed an important NPC before getting a quest to kill them, the quest step will automatically complete.
- Upon entering a zone, if an NPC occupies the same tile as the player, it will try to move them to an adjacent spot instead of a random one.
- World mouse pathfinding works again.
- You no longer stop in your tracks when a non-hostile creature is two steps away while wielding a polearm weapon.
- NPC mutations do not stack.
- NPCs have their stats saved between sessions instead of having them loaded via blueprint.
- An empty map will be created upon entering an elevation that is not yet in the game for underground areas. Better than throwing an error that could potentially ruin the game.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.